What Is It?
The HKPR Adult Respite Fund is a program that allows families to access respite dollars in the counties of Peterborough, City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton and Northumberland. Families will be empowered to make decisions about who, what, where and when respite takes place.
- The fund is available to families who are not receiving ongoing residential support and is for planned respite/relief that enhances or builds on the individual’s meaningful day or evening activities. This can assist with the cost of transportation in rural settings or direct support.
- Respite providers can be neighbours, friends or respite agencies. Family members can be used for respite but cannot be the primary caregiver, spouse of the primary caregiver or an individual under the age of 18.
- All approved days of respite must be used before March 31st of the budget year, e.g. April 1, 2014 – March 31, 2015.
- Applicant and family must be residents of Peterborough County, City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton County or Northumberland County.
- Applicant must be deemed eligible for services through Developmental Services Ontario (DSO).
- Individuals must be 18 years and older.
- Families/Caregivers can apply for a maximum of $560.00.
Process for Application
FAMILY TO SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM TO THEIR SUPPORT
AGENCY FOR SIGNATURE for forwarding to TCCSS by APRIL 30, 2014.
- A Resource Management Team member (RMT) or an HKPR Respite Team member will review, sign and forward to Tri-County Community Support Services.
- If the applicant does not have a support agency involved with them, applications can be forwarded to Tri-County Community Support Services. Any incomplete applications will be returned.
- Applications are available through the office of Tri-County Community Support Services or support workers of agencies involved with applicant i.e. Community Living agencies, Alternatives Community Connections Program or other Developmental Service agencies.
- Due to an increase in respite requests, all applications will be prioritized using information contained in application. Families may submit additional information if required.
- Members of the Resource Management Team and members of the HKPR Respite Team will review and prioritize all applications.
- Letters of approval and invoicing process will be mailed to families from Tri County Community Support Services May. The respite fund is a limited resource so applications that have not been approved for funding will be added to a Community Needs List for Respite.
For more information call Pam at (705) 876-9245 ext. 289 or talk to your support worker.