Northumberland Family Respite Services Inc. (NFRS) provides financial resources to support families who are responsible for the continuous care of a family member who has a handicapping condition.
In support of this we are committed to:
- Enabling people with special needs to be supported by their families
- Providing funding resources which will enhance, but not replace the family and community supports
- Being an integral part of the service network for individuals and their families
- Providing a list of responsible community members from which the family can choose to meet their individual respite needs
- Providing services which are flexible and are designed to meet the needs of both the person and their families
- Encouraging the person supported and their family to be involved in the provision of services
- Providing sound administrative and management practices which will ensure the highest quality service
- Interpreting the philosophy, policies, and guidelines of the Ministry of Community and Social Services to best serve the needs of the community
- Demonstrating to the community that people supported can be simultaneously supported and become contributing members of that community
For the purposes of our mission statement, “family” includes any individual providing continuous care to a dependent person even if the individual is not directly related to the persons requiring care.